- Religious Tourism
Santuario Santa Maria delle Grazie
In 1599, the bishop, Lodovico Taverna, had a church built in this area, which was then demolished in 1655, following the urban development of the city.
However, the people’s devotion to the sacred image of the Virgin Mary, preserved in this location and considered to be miraculous, accelerated reconstruction.
Works began in 1669 and ended in 1743; the building, dedicated to Santa Maria delle Grazie, was consecrated in 1674.