- Art & Culture
The palazzo was the home of the Cadamosto family
The palazzo was built in the 17th century by transforming an earlier Gothic building and was home to the noble Cadamosto family.
The interior was renovated several times, and eventually demolished in the 1960s to make way for an extension to the adjacent school; the façade was instead preserved.
The Baroque façade of the palace faces Via Legnano. The opulent portal opens in its centre, surmounted by a balcony with a wrought-iron railing and flanked by two pillars with mask-shaped capitals supporting two vases.
During some restoration work carried out in the 1950s, a 14th-century single lancet window surmounted by a pointed arch frame emerged, which evidently belonged to the original building; as an identical single lancet window has also been discovered in the adjacent building at number 10, it is quite right to assume that the original Gothic building was larger.
Southwards, the Cadamosto property extended as far as today's Via Carducci; a church, dedicated to St. Lodovico, and built by Lodovico Cadamosto around 1600 was annexed to the palace.